We cannot believe Labor Day came and went, and Fall is just around the corner! We are so not ready to say goodbye to Summer and sunshine, but at the same time we do miss rocking our cozy sweaters with booties. Booties are such wardrobe staple, and we always find ourselves looking for new pairs every Fall season. There is a reason why we included booties in our 10 Classic Items to Invest In post. Owning a pair of well-made and versatile booties is so important, as they are the go-to’s for almost every outfit and every errand run. We depend on them when we pound those pavements!
There are so many options to choose from no matter what your budget is. However, not all booties are made equal, and we always prefer simple basic styles so we can get more wear out of them season after season, especially when they are on the expensive range. Here are some of our favorite basic booties for Fall!
Just because you don’t want to spend an arm and a leg on a new pair of booties doesn’t mean you can’t find treasure. There are many well established brands out there at the middle price range that deliver both style and function. Sam Edelman and Madewell are always our go-to’s when we need an inexpensive pair of new booties. Plus it makes you heart break a little less when they start wearing out…
1. Sam Edelman Louie Fringe Booties $150 – For a pair of basic booties that comes with style, these guys are a steal. One of us had them until they were worn to death and needed to be replaced. The stacked heels give you a bit of height without sacrificing comfort.
2. Sam Edelman Reesa Suede Booties $150 – These are great if a very basic pair of booties is what you are looking for. You really can do no wrong with anything by Sam Edelman.
3. Jeffery Campbell Harvell Booties $160 – Looking for something sleek and ankle cut? These are perfect with the pointed toe.
4. KENDALL + KYLIE Finley Booties $190 – We are actually quite pleasantly surprised by K&K’s new line, and these booties are no exception.
5. Matisse Mack Booties $202 – You’d think burgundy color would be hard to outfit, but quite the contrary! We own a pair of burgundy colored booties and they are quite versatile!
6. Madewell Chelsea Booties $210 – Another good basic pair of booties that can take you anywhere you want to go!
7. Madewell Billie Booties $228 – Nice tan color to break out the usual all black Fall/Winter ensemble.
8. 3.1 Phillip Lim Alexa Booties $279 – We love the rocker chic/ boho vibe of these beauties, plus the fact you get designer brand without breaking too much bank!
9. H by Hudson Crispin Booties $295 – If you want a bit more height, these are perfect as they are wide stacked heels so you don’t need to sacrifice comfort for those extra inches!
10. Frye Dara Chelsea Booties $298 – You cannot go wrong with a pair of Frye boots, and that includes booties. Dependable quality, check!
Now let’s talk about true investments. These booties are pricey, but they are just so beautiful and such classics, not to mention comfortable! Like we said in our 10 Classic Items to Invest In post, a good pair of booties can last you a lifetime (as long as you take good care of them). They may not necessary be booties you want to wear when walking through muddy farmland, but a little protection and after-wear cleaning will keep them shiny and new!
1. See by Chloe Jamie Booties $375 – The gold hardware zippers give these booties the extra “mmph” factor. Plus we love a good stacked heel to keep our steps sturdy.
2. Opening Ceremony Livv Booties $395 – Opening Ceremony is the epitome of minimalistic style, and the booties are just what its brand represents. No fuss, just simplistic style.
3. Loeffler Randall Carmen Booties $450 – Want a step up in quality from your basic booties? These Loeffler Randall are definitely strong contender.
4. Rag & Bone Newbury Booties $495 – Ever since its launch, Rag & Bone’s Newbury has been staple in every street fashion girl’s wardrobe. They come in multiple color options, they go with every outfit, and they are unbelievably comfortable even with the extra height. If you were to splurge on a pair of new booties, definitely splurge on these babies.
5. Freda Salvador Prime Ankle Boots $550 – The textured leather gives this pair of basic black booties something extra, plus we know comfort is a non-issue with Freda Salvador shoes. If you are feeling adventurous, these booties also come in white.
7. Alexander Wang Gabi Booties $650 – We can always count on Alexander Wang to give a pair of basic booties a little twist. The detail at the back of the heel instantly up anyone outfit’s cool girl factor!
8. Acne Studios Jensen Ankle Boots $560 – They look comfortable, stylish, and so versatile. Not to mention they come in different colors and fabric options, and we can’t get over the pointed toe metal detail!
9. Chloe Lauren Ankle Boots $891 – Chloe really can do no wrong. Those scallop-edge detail, that beautiful stacked heel, everything about these booties is just perfect. No words…
10. Saint Laurent Rock Ankle Boots $895 – Save the best for last. We are biased as Molly and Renée both just splurged on these beauties. But what’s not to love? We can totally rock these all day and all night long!